Friday, October 1, 2010

A time to remember..

Story time, cause I'm bored!

I was digging through my laptop today, backing it up since it's been slowly dying on me. I came across some OLD cliff jumping videos with some of my friends. I mentioned it in an earlier blog, but I have 2 of the clips uploaded that I will post below.. Man, great times! This was an excellent time in my life, cause it was around then that I had started becoming social (About time!) and hanging out with people I never had before. We had a decent sized group, that was drama-free for the entire year! (Wow!) It didn't last the next school year, but the memories I have of this group won't shatter like the some of the friendships did. (not so much me, but the group kinda fell apart)

Back on track with the cliff jumping, we have a small hidden area that we adventured too. After a small trek up the cliff, there is the perfect ledge for jumping off of into a small pond below. Behind the ledge is a small cave that is just awesome to chill in, great place to BBQ and spend the day at. The spot doesn't hold much value anymore to us, so it doesn't feel like the secret hangout like it was back then. If you know where the Forum is, (Agora Pkwy) there is a neighborhood behind it. (Olympia) Near the end of it is Sunrise Canyon, where you venture to Kitty Hawk road. At the end of the road, you'll see a small trail you can go down to get there. Once your at the bottom of the awesome movie-like-abandon-road-with-blowing-leaves-and-trees-that-cover-you, you will see a rocky area that you can't drive through. (Unless your like the General who has a jeep and recklessness to ride it like a normal road). Once you're down there, it will all unfold in front of your very own eyes. Pretty ain't it?

Here is the first video, one of my old friends Eleazar taking a jump off the highest part of the cliff. This was his first jump, by the way, so you can probably understand his language. :P



Here is another video from my Facebook.. This guy below was some random dude we met along the way. Him and his friend were cool, so they tagged along with us. He was actually the first one to 'guinea pig' the highest part of the cliff. Though it may not look crazy high, when your standing up there, it's crazy!



And last, but not least, is another video of EZ (Eleazar) this time doing a backflip off the lower part. Great success!

No comments:

Post a Comment