Friday, October 8, 2010

After weeks of work:

My truck is finally primed! (Almost...!)

Q: But I thought you were already priming it....?
A: The first time I was priming it, our spray-gun for the primer was jacked up. We tried a little bit of thinner, but the primer was then too thin and came right off. After realizing this when we were half-way done, we had to sand it all down and start over again. (Yes, Sand down every bit of work and having to buy more sand paper and paint)

Our alternative this time was to by spray-can primer. Definitely not fun to put on, and a bit ton more expensive and time consuming. However, we almost have it 100% done and ready for paint. Just need to finish a small section on the back left side. This week has been a very good one for my truck; even if the primer didn't get finished, I still got a lot done in these last few days.


1) Got rid of a flat tire and got 2 new back tires, and put them on.
2) Took off the door panel on the passenger side to fix the door. I now know the problems it has, and will only take a bit of work to fix it where it can open from both sides.
3) Looked at the window on the passenger side to see how I can fix it. Turns out there is a bad cable for the window motor. It won't reverse the polarity of the magnets in the window motor to make it go down but only up. Need a new motor to fix this.. :(
4) Started installing a working radio! Finally, this is a must for me!
5) Got more freon to take a look at this bad compressor. I'd like the AC to work, but it's not a must for me now with this amazing weather.
6) Replaced old nasty front lights with new chromed out lights!

Here are some pictures of the work-in-progress, if you care. (Yes, you do care!)

Here is the front of it, as you can hopefully and obviously tell.. you can.. right?? Sorry for the blurriness, had to hold my phone high above my head to capture the entire truck!

I have future plans to get this truck lifted a little higher, with some bigger tires. I haven't fully decided on what color to paint yet, but I'm thinking a new cool/white (not that nasty beige/offwhite) with black secondary (knobs, handles, toolbox, rails, pin-striping)

Interestingly funny fact: Where did I get this truck from? A friend of my dads, who traded for some football cards and other random small stuff :)

No comments:

Post a Comment